Hello, and welcome to Our Heritage of Health! My name is Lori Elliott, and I’m so glad you stopped by!
At Our Heritage of Health, our goal is to keep things as simple and stress-free as possible, and we focus on a balanced approach to healthy living.
Take a step back with us in time to a simpler era of old-fashioned, natural living!
- Saving Seeds from Peas and Beans for Next YearOver the past several years, I’ve been saving seeds from my peas and beans to use for next year’s garden. I’ve only saved seeds from … Read more
- My Big Mistake with Using Chicken Manure in My GardenThis year I made a pretty big mistake with my garden. My garden has been struggling a bit more than usual with the weather this … Read more
- Harvesting and Drying Wild HerbsOne thing that I’ve been trying to do more of this year is to take advantage of some of the herbs that are growing wild … Read more
- Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Cake Recipe from 1870I first came across this recipe for an old-fashioned buttermilk cake when I was searching for a pound cake recipe to try. I was looking … Read more
- Ways to Save Money on Herbal TeaHerbal teas are a great way to enjoy a variety of different flavors while also benefiting from the nutrients and beneficial properties of the herbs. … Read more
- Can You Grow Tomatoes in Partial Sun?If you love the idea of growing tomatoes in your garden but your garden doesn’t get full sunlight, then you might have wondered if you … Read more
- Pros and Cons of Keeping Backyard Chickens in the SuburbsThis past year I did something I had been thinking about doing off and on for a while: I got backyard chickens! This little pullet … Read more
- Garden Planning for a Bigger HarvestOne of the things I really enjoy during the quieter winter months is planning ahead for my garden for the next season. The cold winter … Read more
- How to Get Started with Herbalism and Using HerbsIf you’re interested in learning more about herbs and about how to use them then you might have realized how easy it can be to … Read more
Stay in Touch
Sign up for the Our Heritage of Health newsletter to get all the latest updates for new blog posts, plus get a copy of the FREE guide “10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Health Right Now”