Want to Start Using Essential Oils?
Read This First!
Essential oils have become a big part of my healthy lifestyle – and believe me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How on earth could a little drop of oil help to improve the health and well-being of myself or my family?
But before I explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs. They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
How can essential oils help promote the health and wellbeing of you and your family?
I’m no scientist (and you probably aren’t either), so I’ll explain a few of the ways essential oils have helped me…
I tend to stress out pretty easily, so two of my favorite oils to use are lavender and frankincense to help me to feel a little bit more relaxed and calm and to help me unwind in the evenings before bed.
Focus and Mood Lifting:
I used to love using air fresheners . . . until I realized how many synthetic chemicals were part of the fragrances. Now I love using essential oils, and especially the citrus oils like lemon, as a way to naturally scent a room with a refreshing and energizing aroma that brightens my mood and helps my mind feel more alert and focused.
I love using lavender, lemon, orange, and bergamot together to make my own homemade perfume so I can have my own custom fragrance that’s completely natural. (You can find that recipe here: Homemade Citrus Lavender Perfume)
Those are just three examples, but essential oils have also replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. And I use essential oils to make natural DIY air fresheners, deodorant, moisturizers, and more!
(If you want to learn more about what essential oils are and how to use them, you can sign up for my free 15-day essential oils email course here:)
Can you just use any essential oils?
In my opinion, no. I’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask me, there’s one particular brand that stands above the rest: Young Living.
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are my three favorites:
1: The source matters
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic cotton t-shirt, I know that the source matters.
I did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that I felt I could trust with my family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, the team at Young Living set the highest standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op – farms that you can actually visit yourself to see how the whole process is done. And if I’m going to be putting products on my family’s skin and around our home, I want to know they’re pure and unadulterated!
2: You become part of a big, friendly community
As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
I’ve been using my oils for quite a while now, but I still really appreciate being able to reach out to our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
3: The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company that I know of offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to help get you started.
The new Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you’ll want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
(Note: If you’re not quite ready yet for the investment of a starter kit, you also have the option of becoming a “Retail Customer.” This option allows you to purchase single bottles of oils without having to buy a whole starter kit. This is a good option if you just want to give essential oils a try. You won’t be able to get the 24% discount that wholesale members get, but you can upgrade your membership to get that discount at any time.)
Ready to Get Your Own Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
Here’s what you get:
- Ten 5ml bottles of essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Thieves, Purification, Copaiba, RC, and DiGize, plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend.
- (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see ideas for how use these essential oils every day!)
- A home diffuser with optional light, optional 30-second intervals, and auto-shut-off.
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll-on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2oz samples (an antioxidant drink concentrate that’s a great supplement for supporting health and wellbeing)
Total value: $300
You pay: $160 – that’s almost 50% off!
And remember: once you’ve purchased the kit, you automatically become a wholesale member – which entitles you to 24% off all future purchases from Young Living! There are NO monthly minimums or fees.
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
1. Click on the link below to sign up.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
Remember: you’re NOT obligated to make any further purchases after this. Wholesale membership simply allows you to buy the Premium Starter Kit at a huge discount.
3. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.)
4. Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
5. Select your order: the “Premium”, “Basic “Plus” or “Basic” Starter Kit. I recommend the Premium because it comes with everything you need to get started, and it’s the best value of the three, but any of the three options will allow you to become a wholesale member.
6. Optional: sign up for the frequent buyers’ club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you join, you’ll start accumulating rewards points for everything you buy, which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s no need to join right away – you can purchase your Starter Kit first and join the ER club later if you prefer.
7. Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! I’ve had many people miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and I don’t want you missing out on your oils!
Some great ways to use the essential oils in your Premium Starter Pack
Each of the oils in your Premium Starter Pack has SO many different uses, but here are just a few ideas for how you can use them:
- Calming and balancing – diffuse it in your home or wear it as a one-ingredient perfume
- Supports a healthy nervous system and healthy skin
- Great to add to DIY beauty recipes
- Diffuse to increase your focus and concentration.
- Supports a healthy and balanced digestive system
- Add a few drops to homemade lip balm.
- Diffuse for an energizing aroma to brighten your day
- Stained clothes? Rub the oil all over the stain, then immediately put the item in the washing machine. Works like no other stain remover – even on dried-out stains.
- Works great as a natural “goo” gone for pesky sticker labels
- Strengthen your immune system by dabbing a few drops on the bottoms of your feet.
- Add a couple of drops to your favorite moisturizer for healthier skin and to improve your complexion.
- Improve your concentration by applying a couple of drops to the back of your neck and temples.
PanAway (an oil blend containing wintergreen, helichrysum, clove and peppermint):
- Supports a healthy muscular-skeletal system.
- Eases occasional discomfort from heavy exercise.
Stress Away (an oil blend containing copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea and lavender):
- If you’re looking for a sense of relaxation or you want to reduce feelings of stress to help you sleep better, Stress Away is for you!
- Apply it generously to your wrists or the back of your neck, use it in a diffuser, or add two drops to water as needed.
Thieves (an oil blend containing clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary):
- Immune boosting
- Excellent to use in homemade cleaning recipes
- Diffuse it as a germ repellant
Purification (an oil blend containing citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, tea tree and myrtle):
- Add a few drops to shoes to help neutralize odors.
- Soothes bug bites
- Add a few drops to baking soda as a carpet deodorizer
- Promotes overall well-being
- Use to help boost the effectiveness of other oils
- Adds a depth of fragrance to homemade perfume recipes
DiGize: (An oil blend containing tarragon, juniper, anise, ginger, fennel, patchouli, peppermint, and lemongrass)
- Supports healthy digestion
- Perfect for eating out or for traveling abroad
R.C. (An oil blend containing eucalyptus, myrtle, spruce, peppermint, pine, lavender, marjoram, and cypress.)
- The aroma creates a spa-like experience
- Use to make a DIY chest rub
- Use for a soothing foot massage
Congratulations on starting your oily adventure! I’ll be sending you a welcome email soon with some more resources and information for getting started. And if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me using the contact form you’ll find on my “Contact” page or by sending an email to: lori (at) ourheritageofhealth (dot) com.