Do you ever wish that you could travel back in time to a simpler era when all food was real food, cooked from scratch, and that you could cook the same kinds of nourishing, homemade meals that your grandmother or great-grandmother prepared?
With Heritage Cooking, you can have the next best thing to time travel – a collection of historic recipes using traditional, old-fashioned ingredients that offers a glimpse into the kitchens of the past.
With This EBook You Will Learn . . .
- How to source traditional ingredients, and how to make substitutions for ingredients that may be difficult to find.
- How to prepare old-fashioned staples such as soups made from homemade broth and easy, over-night sourdough bread.
- Why 100% whole wheat flour is not as traditional as it may seem.
- How to make historic favorites such as buttermilk biscuits, apple pandowdy, and Concord spy cake.
- How to follow your intuition rather than having to rely on precise measurements.
- How to convert antiquated old recipes to modern recipes so you can bring your family heirloom recipes back to life.
Table of Contents
- Featured Cookbooks
- Sourcing Ingredients
- Making Substitutions
- Measurement Conversion Chart
- Breakfast Dishes
- Soups and Stews
- Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Cakes and Confections
* This recipe ebook includes 40 authentic mid-19th century recipes. For each recipe, both the original version and the modern adaptation are given.
* Modern measurements and oven temperatures are given to make these historic recipes easy to prepare in a modern kitchen.
* A photograph is included with each recipe
* This cookbook comes in an ebook format that you can download and read instantly.
(Note: Even if you don’t have a Kindle, you can still download this book and read it on your computer using Amazon’s free Kindle for PC program. This is what I do since I don’t have a Kindle myself.)
(Note: This is not a hard copy book. It is only available for digital download.)
I look forward to hearing from you!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only post links to products, though, that I love and believe in