(Affiliate disclosure: I may receive a commission if you purchase something through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying puchases. See more details here:)
Welcome back to another week of Old-Fashioned Friday! Old-Fashioned Friday is a weekly gathering place for bloggers to share their ideas, tips, discoveries, etc. about real food, natural health, and old-fashioned living. Just like the quilting bees and front-porch gatherings of the “good old days,” Old-Fashioned Friday is a spot for bloggers and readers to stop by for a visit to greet one another and to learn new things.
Each week I will be featuring the three most-viewed posts from the previous week, so make sure to check back for next week’s carnival to see if you were featured! I’ll also be pinning to my Pinterest boards as much as I can all of the posts that follow the guidelines.
This week’s three most-viewed posts were:
Drying Apples 101 by a Return to Simplicity:
Good Night, Sweet (Stevia) Prince by Making Our Sustainable Life:
Preserving the Harvest: Dehydrating Potatoes by Taylor-Made Ranch:
Guidelines for Posting:
1. Keep it old-fashioned. Please link only to posts that fit in with the areas of real food and natural living. That could include: recipes, herbal remedies, holistic health, homesteading, DIY projects, household tips, food politics, gardening, etc. The possibilities are endless! Please no links to giveaways, though.
2. Real ingredients only, please. If you’re posting a recipe, please post only recipes using real, natural ingredients. Think butter instead of margarine. Coconut oil instead of Crisco. Whole eggs instead of Egg Beaters. Think back to the ingredients your grandmother or great-grandmother would have used in her made-from-scratch recipes. Everyone is at different stages in their transition to real foods, but let’s try to stay away from the boxed cake mixes and the canned frosting, ok? 🙂
3. Please update your post with a link back to this Old-Fashioned Friday post. It’s blog carnival courtesy, and it will help people to find all of the great ideas from other bloggers. Something like “This post is linked to Old-Fashioned Friday” would be perfect 🙂
4. Link to your post, not your homepage. Make sure you link to the URL of your specific post, not the home page of your blog. It will make it much easier for us all to find your post!
5. Not required, but it would be great if you would leave a comment telling us all a little bit about your post. Or, if you’re not a blogger, share your thoughts and ideas with the rest of us in the comments section! 🙂
* Note: In the place on the form that says “Name,” you want to put the name of your blog post not your own name 🙂
Ok, let’s get started!
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.)
The information in this post is not to be taken as medical advice and is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease.
Saturday 22nd of November 2014
Good evening, Lori. Thank you so much for the feature! And thank you for hosting this wonderful blog party! Have a wonderful weekend.
Chaos In The Cold | The Chicken Mama
Friday 21st of November 2014
[…] at From the Farm, Old-Fashioned Friday, Little House Friday, Fabulous Friday, HomeAcre Hop and Simple Lives […]
Taylor-Made Ranch Homestead
Thursday 20th of November 2014
How exciting to see my post on dehydrating potatoes is being featured this week. I've really been bitten by the dehydrating bug this year. Love the hop, thanks for hosting!
~Taylor-Made Ranch~ Texas